Monday, June 6, 2011

Out and About

Over the last few months I've been busy with work so I haven't had time to sketch as much as I'd like. What I have had time for is a selection of strange, slightly stylised doodles of people. Since I'm working on the portrait project, doodles of people are almost connected...

People on the bus
These were a conscious decision to move away from my usual style of doodle into something more caricature-like, emphasising features. I also spent more time than usual on shading. Sometimes the proportions went a little...interesting (like the neck on the first one below, which is way to long even for a caricature) but overall I think these were okay given the amount of time I spent on them.




People at a nightclub
These doodly-sketches are in my usual default style for doodling and drawing things fast, partly because I drew most of them in under a minute each. Some of them I added details to later. I drew a lot more of these, but these are the best (ie the ones that look most like the "models"). And thanks very much to the kind people who let me draw them (badly).





No comments:

Post a Comment